Pasta as we are Italian dist which is preferred in smoke, according to a survey it has been told that there is a minimum margin of 33% in the production of pasta, if you start in small scale, but if you pay at commercial level If you do, then the profit goes up to 50%, which is quite enough in the manufacturing industry.
So if you also want to work at the production level, then the business of pasta manufacturing can be profitable for you, in which you also find the investment reasonable.
What is pasta and its types
Pasta is a type of food product that falls under the traditional Italian fast food category. It is made of all purpose flour, which is mixed with eggs. Then it is baked in the shape of pasta.
Pasta is made in various interesting shapes and colours. Although generally the shape of pasta is in the shape of long and thin strips. Apart from this, when we talk about types of pasta, first of all pasta is divided into 2 categories. The first dry pasta which is sold ready-made in the market and you can start a business by making it at home. These pasta can be of many types like long pasta, short pasta, egg pasta, baked pasta and fresh pasta etc. Apart from this, others are in the form of wet macaroni. Which can be in the form of fortified macaroni, enriched macaroni, milk macaroni, vegetable macaroni, sautéed pasta and soy macaroni etc.
Although here we are talking about starting the business of making dry pasta, so you can start this business by manufacturing any type of pasta out of it and make it your way of livelihood.
Skills Required for the Business of Pasta Making
The first and most important step to becoming a successful pasta making business owner, is having your own recipe. You can make this recipe with many experiments, products, tests and feedback. In the beginning, you can also learn it by searching on Google. You do not need to go to any institute for the test to get the required skills for this. You can easily learn it even sitting at home.
License and registration for the business of making pasta
For the business of making pasta, you have to register some licenses and your own business in some places, the information of which is as follows –
- FSSAI License :- Since you are starting a pasta making business and it is a food product, you will need the necessary permits and FSSAI License should would.
- Health related license :- It is also necessary to obtain a health related license for the food product. You need to check with your local and state health department officials to find out how you will get this.
- Business License :- Whether the business is related to food products or any other type of business, it is necessary to register it under the government. as well as you Registering business under MSME also Will happen. For this you can contact your local local authorities or business to industry basis All concerned can get information about getting licenses, and get all licenses made before starting business.
Raw material and its prices for making pasta
Different types of flour are used to make pasta. Apart from this, the ingredients used in making it include maida, flour, semolina, egg, oil, salt and other hot spices. However, the material used in it depends on the process of making it and the manufacturer. Apart from this, you will also need some material for packaging of pasta like packets and stickers etc. The raw material used in this is available in the market, which you can easily buy from your local market as well. If you want, you can also order it online by ordering it. It will cost you 30 to 40 thousand rupees to buy all these materials.
Raw Pasta Making Process at Home
If you want to do business of making pasta from home, then you can make it very easily at home too. For this, many processes will be found through internet and other means. However, here we are showing you the process of making one type of pasta, which is as follows –
- First of all, you have to mix equal quantity of flour and semolina together. And at the same time you also add salt to it, and filter it. The quantity of flour and semolina you have to take will depend on the order placed by the customers.
- After this, you add some eggs to it, along with add a little oil. When all the things are easily mixed, after that you knead it like flour. And leave it like this by wrapping it in a packet for some time.
- Now you can make different types of pasta designs with your own hands, for this, different designs of molds are also available in the market, you can also make it from that.
- When it becomes in proper shape, then dry it. And after it dries well, you make small packets of equal quantity, which will be ready for your business.
Apart from this, if you know how to make the spices or sauces used in it in a better way, then you can also add it to it. You can get additional benefits from this. You can easily sell it in the wholesale market or even by taking an order from the restaurant. For this you also set a reasonable price.
Machine for making pasta, its cost and process of making
The cost of pasta making machine ranges from Rs 3 to 5 lakhs. This is an automatic machine, which makes it very easy to make pasta. With this, about 150 kg of pasta can be prepared in 1 hour. 30 power of electricity is used in this machine. Different types of molds are also used in this machine, so that you can make different designs of pasta and other things related to it. You will get this machine online through Indiamart or some similar website. And from where you will buy this machine, you can also learn the operation of this machine and the process of making pasta, which is quite easy.
Required space for the business of making pasta
When you are thinking of starting this business through the machine, then you will need a better place to set it up. For this, you must have at least 1000 to 2000 square meters of space. Along with this, the factory of your business or if you are starting it from home, then your home should be close to a commercial area. So that there is no problem in transportation. Also, the place should be such, where there is good facility of electricity and water.
Total investment and profit in pasta making business
In pasta making business, you have to invest for machine, raw material, space and other expenses. You need to invest up to 4 lakhs in total for this. And you can establish a good business. Talking about profit, then after investing in the beginning, when your business starts running well, then it will be beneficial for you. In this, you can make and sell packets of 20 to 30 rupees per 100 grams and get a good profit.
Making pasta in this way is a very profitable and easy business, which you can start from home in a small way. People like it very much in the market, so you will get a lot of profit from it.