An envelope is a product made of paper or any other flexible and simple material such as cardboard etc., which is used for packaging in some way. It is used to wrap similar things like papers, letters, greeting cards, etc. If you manufacture and sell different types of envelopes, this will be a profitable business for you.
Registration Process for Envelope Making Business
Any kind of business, whether it is big or small, it is necessary to get it registered first. For this –
- You can start envelope making business as your own right company. In that case you should consider your business as One Person. registering as a company Will happen.
- If you start this business in partnership with any other person, then you have to register as LLP, Private Limited or Limited Company.
- Along with this, it is also necessary to obtain a trade license from the local municipal authority. Apart from this, also apply for VAT registration.
- However, for such a small scale unit, no permission is required from the pollution board. But if you are going to start this business by installing a machine, then it is necessary to take its permission.
You must have seen many different types of envelopes according to the size and pattern. Here mangoes are giving you information about it –
- Regular envelope or perpetual envelope :- These envelopes are basically made of plain paper, which is used for packaging of letters, papers or something similar. U say that this type of envelope is used officially. Its size is about 6″ * 8″. Which is its standard size.
- Cataloged Envelopes :- The purpose of making such envelopes is for marketing or for written reading. Such envelopes usually come with 3 different sizes 6”*9”, 9”*12” and 10”*13”. These envelopes are mostly used for commercial and commercial purposes.
- Booklet Envelopes :- These envelopes come in the size of 9″*12″, for packaging of booklets and printed items, and are used for commercial purpose, with a flap open for inserting the contents, the part is on the long side Is. Also these envelopes can be available with other sizes like 6”*9” and 10”*13”.
- Invitation envelopes: The size of these types of envelopes depends on the size of the paper, which is inserted inside the envelope. People can enter paper of size like A2, A6, A7, A8, A9. These envelopes come with different designs, they can be colored too. Such envelopes are used to invite people for various occasions like birthdays, weddings, parties and receptions. To make these envelopes attractive, different designs are also made in it. In this, the information of the organization can also be printed in the envelope to invite people to the program organized by an organization.
- Sending envelopes :- Such envelopes come with two popular sizes i.e. 3.625″ * 6.5″ and 3.125″ * 6.25″, with the open side being the widest part of the envelope. These envelopes are used for personal use, they are also used to hold gift money, which is often given during a wedding or reception or other party.
You can start any type of envelope making business as per your wish, and if you want to start this business on a large scale, then you can start by making all these types of envelopes.
Raw Materials for Envelope Making Business
The main raw material used for making envelopes is paper. Various quality papers are used to make envelopes, such as map litho paper, scrap paper and sometimes even waste paper. It generally starts from 70 gsm and as per the requirement of the customer you can buy special gsm quality paper and manufacture the envelopes. Apart from this raw material, you will also have to purchase other ingredients like gum or gum etc.
You select the machine according to your business and production demand. There are different types of machines available in the market with different specifications. From which envelopes of various designs can be manufactured. For this there are some fully automatic machines which will get you around Rs 1,50,000 to 2,00,000 and there are also some semi automatic machines which will get you around Rs 70,000.
Envelope making process by machine
The process of manufacturing envelopes by machine is very easy, it will also give you good output. The process for this is as follows-
- Firstly, cut the paper into required sizes. The size of the envelopes you want to prepare.
- Then depending on the thickness of the paper, put the cut papers in the envelope making machine in blocks of 150 to 200 sheets. If you want, you can also print any design on both sides of this sheet. With the help of this machine, this sheet will be folded into the shape of an envelope.
- After this, you apply glue or glue in it, due to which it sticks completely. Let it dry for a while, then it will be ready.
- Finally you pack it in bundles and sell it in bulk in any of the stationery retail shops. These envelopes for packing can be arranged in different volume boxes and sold.
- To make fancy envelopes, you may need a variety of decoration items like colored threads, beads, buttons and so on.
If you want, you can use the same machine for all these steps, which will be fully automated. Or you can also use different machine for this. And in this way you can start its business by preparing envelopes.
Business of making envelopes from home without machine
If you start this business as a small scale unit or as envelope making from your home, then you do not need huge infrastructure for this. You can easily start it small. Envelopes can be made very easily even at home without a machine.
Choose a better place for you to start your business. If you are manufacturing the envelope from your home, then you have to earmark a special place for it. You will need at least 200 square feet of space to install it. And also it is necessary to have light connection and transport facility for carrying the envelope. You’ll need 4 times as large a space to start with.
Envelope making business investment
If you are thinking of starting this business from home, then you do not need to invest much for this. For this, you can invest from 10,000 to a maximum of Rs 30,000. But if you are thinking of starting it by installing the machine, then you will have to invest 2,00,000 to 5,00,000 rupees for this. You can start it on a small scale with your own money. But to start it on a large scale, you can apply for a loan from the bank. however when you loan from bank If you do, you will also have to return the money to the bank.
Prices of Envelopes
You can set different prices for different types of envelopes. For this, you set the price based on the quality of the cost. For example, if you make it from light paper, then you can charge it Rs 50 per bundle, but if you make envelopes from good quality paper, then you can fix the price of Rs 100 to 200 per bundle for this. However, you must be aware of your competitors in the market, how they do this business, and the prices they set.
You do not need any special skill or educational qualification to start this business and run it smoothly. All you have to do is learn how you can make your business profitable. For this, you should keep complete information about your competitor in the market, how they do this business. And how to make profit.
Opportunities in the market
Envelopes made of paper are very light in weight, it does not require much space. They can even be easily moved and recycled. These are available in different sizes and are also used for different occasions. Millions of envelopes are used daily to send official or greeting cards or many others. Therefore, its demand always remains in the market. In such a situation, if you do business by making envelopes keeping in mind the demand of the market, then it can prove beneficial for you.
Where can you sell?
There are many options where you can sell different types of envelopes. like –
- You can find these envelopes at some of the top selling retail stationery stores. These shops also trade these envelopes through online marketplaces and their website, you can also benefit from this.
- You This business even while setting up his own e-commerce store can do.
- Apart from this, you can also consider selling your decorated envelopes through craft selling sites.
For you to continue this business for a long time and earn more profit, it is necessary that your customers should be regular and good amount payers. So that you can earn good profit from them. You also have to promote your business effectively. You can use your networking to get contracts from big clients to earn more profit. In this way, the more customers you have, the more profit you will get. And since its demand is always there in the market, so you will easily find its wholesale customers too.
There is a little risk in starting any business, whether it will be established well or not and it will get profit or it is a loss-making deal. But you do not need to worry because envelopes are a product that people always need, so this business will prove beneficial for you.
In this way you can start it in small form and make it your source of income for your livelihood, as it is a low cost business to start Is.