Many times, due to the accumulation of extra data in the computer, there is a lot of effect in the speed and performance of the computer, which also affects our working.
Although there are many ways to delete data, but in this blog we will talk about how you can easily delete extra data from your computer using command prompt.
Which is being explained in detail below.
Temp Files Delete why do?
- Increase in computer performance: Temp files greatly affect computer performance. The computer creates temp files for current use. It’s useless after the job is done. Therefore, unnecessary pressure continues to fall on the computer. After deleting them, this pressure is removed. Due to which the computer performance increases.
- More Memory: Temp files are saved in our computer only. You can see them in the app folder and in the Temp directory. By deleting temp files, a lot of memory becomes available to you.
- Fast Speed: As told above that this temp data affects the computer performance. Due to which the speed is also affected. Processing these additional files saves time which is helpful in increasing the speed of each app.
Deleting Temp Files Using Command Prompt?
- Step: #1 – Open Command Prompt
- Step: #2 – Type %SystemRoot%explorer.exe %temp% in Command Prompt
- Step: #3 – Press Enter
- Step: #4 – View and Select Temp Files
- Step: #5 – Delete Temp Files
If you repeat the process described above step-by-step, then all the temp files will be deleted from the computer. If, you are facing trouble in repeating this process, then I am explaining each step in detail below.
#1 Open Command Prompt
First of all, you have to open a software in the computer named Windows Command Prompt. To open it, repeat the steps given below.
- Click on Start
- Search by typing cmd in the search box
- And from the search result click on Command Prompt
If, you are not able to open the command prompt with these steps, then how do you open the software in the computer. You can take the help of this tutorial.
How to open software in computer?
#2 Type %SystemRoot%explorer.exe %temp% in Command Prompt
When the command prompt is open in front of you, then you have to type the following text with the help of keyboard. Type this text exactly. A single letter mistake will spoil the whole process. So, type each letter carefully.
If you want, you can copy and paste the following text into the command prompt.
#3 Press Enter
After typing this command completely, you press the Enter button from the keyboard. Before pressing this button, make sure that you have typed the command correctly.
#4 View and Select Temp Files
On pressing enter, the Temp Folder will open in front of you. Here you will get all the temp files. which you keyboard Ctrl + A You can select by pressing the keyboard shortcut key.
#5 Delete Temp Files
Now you have selected all the temp files. If you want to skip a file, click on it and remove it from the selection.
To delete the files, press the keyboard Delete button or right click and click on Delete from the available options.
Doing this will delete all the temp files.
So in this way you can delete temp files by command prompt and increase the performance of your computer.